Sunday 11 January 2015

SUPER SUNDAY SMOOTHIE

Kiwi-Apple Smoothie

 
Time taken: 15 mins
Ingredients: 4 kiwis, a good glug of apple juice, 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt & 4 ice cubes.

Morning readers,

This post is a bit of a fly-by-hi from me! HI READERS. Basically, I’m back at work this weekend earning a living, having somehow blagged a 6-week Christmas break from work (?!). It’s such a shock to the system to be back again! So, this weekend I’m off feeding the people of Newcastle International Airport, once more. Or I will be when I remember how everything works! And I don’t have much time for recipe excitement, unfortunately.
 
HOWEVER, I do have a top idea for how to throw together a healthy, energy-packed, really tasty snack for when you’re on-the-go like me!
 
So, my idea is a green smoothie and I know these are really popular now among dieters and healthnuts, alike. There’s something about a smoothie being green that seems to give it ‘cool’ status. BUT I don’t want vegetables or leaves in my smoothies. Just no. Noooooooo. It’s like… ick! No.
 
So here’s how to whip up an ace green smoothie, with no weird things inside it…

1. Chop up your kiwis and throw away the skins.

2. Pop the kiwi pieces in your blender.

3. Add 2 decent tablespoons of natural yoghurt.

4. Then, add around 4 ice cubes.

5. Pour apple juice over this all.

ChefBeHere Top Tip: I poured until it looked like there was a glassful of stuff in my blender. This isn’t very precise sorry but y’know.

6. Whizz it all up!

7. Serve in a tall glass with a straw.
Like this!
 
And you just hashed together a bountiful boost of a snack. Slurp away on your smoothie while you rush about doing things and you won’t be drooping before the next meal time!
 
How do you like your Kiwi-Apple Smoothie?? Tasty, huh? At very least, I think it has to beat any kind of drink involving spinach or kale! It’s just so odd to me putting leaves into your smoothie! So, join me, and make yourself one of these bad boy smoothies, because they’re super cool and green, and they taste like the bomb! But there isn’t any weird stuff lurking within. I guarantee it.
 
Smoothie safely this weekend,
Hayley


No comments:

Post a Comment