Tuesday 2 January 2018

New Year, New Gear

Hi readers,

I hope you’re all having a fab start to 2018!!

And, if you were out partying at midnight on the 31st I hope the worst of your hangover is behind you now. The only way is up! Got to believe it.

I’m going all out with the stereotypical January health kick (it has to be done!) and planning to hit the gym and the pavements hard over the coming few weeks. I’m swapping the brie for a healthy new me! Yes siree.


I’m also planning to shake things up a little in the kitchen, with a low-carb focus on food in January. This is an approach to eating that I haven’t followed before, but I’m excited to try! I’m hopefully going to be sharing with you a load of healthy, good tasting low-carb meal ideas this next month, along with my insights into how to go about not eating carbs… but still eating well.

It’s going to be a learning experience – as it would seem there’s more to this than just not eating bread or pasta – and I hope it’s going to be a fun month for food, too!

Stay tuned, readers.


Today, I’m writing mainly just to share with you the fab fitness gear I’ve managed to get shopping online in the Boxing Day sales! I didn’t go out to the shops, all it took was an hour online at home on the evening of Boxing Day (laid out with a glass of wine in my hand… and chocolates within reach) and I feel like I’ve bagged some real bargains in the sales.

I’m looking forward to hitting the gym these next few days wearing out some great new gear. And I know some of the sales are still going, so if you fancy some fab new fitnesswear to motivate you for exercising in January, you might be interested in getting…


I ordered a couple of sports bras from Sweaty Betty; I went for the High Intensity Run Bras (which were down 50% from £50 each to £25 each).


And I ordered a couple of pairs of exercise leggings from Nike. I got a pair of Training Capris, (£11.97 – down from £19.95), and a pair of Leg-A-See Logo Leggings (£18.97 – down from £31.95).


Then, lastly, I ordered a few neon coloured exercise tops from ASOS. I got a pink Only Play Loose Fit Training Tank Top (£12 – down from £20), a coral Under Armour Racer Tank Top (£10 – down from £20), and a lime Slazenger Loose Fit Training Vest (£14 – down from £23).

I’m really excited to wear all my new bits to the gym! And my purse is £97.96 heavier than it would have been if I’d bought all of these clothes full price in December. Ka-ching!

I hope you landed / are about to find some brill deals in the sales, too, readers. Take care of yourselves and I’ll write soon with some astoundingly low-carb recipes for you to try!

2018 safely,

Hayley




No comments:

Post a Comment